The Lizzie Russell Oral History Grant Scheme
This grant scheme aims to foster small oral history initiatives in South Australia and the Northern Territory and is open to financial members of Oral History Australia SA/NT.
Oral History Australia South Australia/Northern Territory wishes to support, assist and help develop oral history projects in these states. The grant scheme is funded by sales of the Oral History Handbook by Beth M. Robertson.
We hope that the scheme fills a gap left by the closure of many federal and state funding options and helps revive an important means of recording South Australia’s and the Northern Territory’s history. We encourage all prospective oral historians to join our Association so that we can help fulfil these objectives.
In 2020, two grants will be offered. A grant of $1000, and a special student grant of $500.
Who Can Apply?
Applications are invited from individuals, community groups and voluntary organisations who are financial members of Oral History Australia SA/NT. The special grant of $500 is available only to student members of the Association whose study involves oral history.
What Can Be Funded?
Suitable oral history projects may include:
- Community or family history
- Historical displays that include oral histories
- History of an organisation
- Identifying through the use of oral history the significance of museum objects for interpretation and/or conservation
- A particular subject area, e.g. music
- Creative community arts projects, e.g. oral history projects leading to dance or theatre productions.
The student grant only can be used to fund an oral history project, or related equipment, travel, workshop registration costs, or conference registration.
How can I apply?
Details about assessment criteria and what cannot be funded are included on the form.
Please submit completed application forms by 1 September, 2020. E-mail submissions to the SA/NT Association’s email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lizzie Russell Oral History Grant Recipients
- Leila Kasprzak
- Dr Sally Stephenson
- National Railway Museum
- Parndana Soldier Settlement Museum
- Russian Ethnic Representative Council
- Coober Pedy Historical Society
- Rocky River ‘Riters
- Macclesfield Butter and Cheese Factory