November workshop: How to do an oral history interview
Learn how to plan and record professional interviews.
This workshop introduces participants to the practice and methods of doing an oral history interview. It also covers features to look for in professional digital audio recorders, and why they are important.
The workshop covers:
• the features of an oral history interview
• advantages of oral history
• qualities of a good interviewer
• how to prepare for an oral history interview (including research, developing questions, identifying suitable interviewees, preliminary interview, choosing interview location)
• interview structure and types of questions
• analysing good and bad interviews
• managing the interview
• how to make a high-quality recording, and suitable equipment
• important steps after the interview
• the ethics of oral history interviewing
• the importance of copyright and conditions of use
Detailed handouts are provided to participants.
Date: Friday, 26th November 2021
10 am – 2:30 pm (SA);
7.30 am – 12.00 pm (WA);
9:00 am – 1:30 pm (NT);
9.30 am – 2:00pm (Qld);
10:30 am – 3.00 pm (ACT, NSW, Vic, Tas)
Venue: Online. Details about how to participate will be provided to all registrants.
Cost: $80 per person per day;
$60 for concession*/pension/student;
$50 OHA member.
*Concession cards include cards issued to the unemployed or pensioners, but not the seniors card.
Anyone in financial difficulty should e-mail the Association for possible financial assistance.
Bookings and payment in advance are essential.
Please book online here.
Deadline for booking: 12 noon Thursday 25th November.
Payment required in advance:
Direct Credit banking details: Other Payments please forward to:
Bank: National Australia Bank (NAB) The Treasurer
BSB: 085436 Post Office Box 3113
Account No.: 129312048 Unley SA 5061
Please include in payment reference [your surname w/shop]
Bookings are essential. Please book online here.
Please note that bookings close 12 noon Thursday 25th November.
For further details, contact us by clicking the following link: email@example.com