Please follow these links for information about:
- oral history workshops (see below)
- seminars, visits and other events
- annual general meeting
Oral history workshops
Oral History Australia SA/NT runs a range of workshops throughout the year.
Workshops currently open for bookings include:
- How to do an oral history interview
- Create audio and visual presentations with your oral history recordings
- Workshop: Turning Oral History Interviews into a Prize-Winning Book
These workshops are usually held at the State Library of South Australia or the University of South Australia (Magill Campus). We are also able to run workshops for organisations at their own venue (see below for further details).
Regular workshops include:
- Introduction to Oral History workshop (next workshop 1 April 2019)
- Create audio and visual presentations with your oral history recordings (next workshop April 27)
- Planning a community oral history project (next workshop in 2019)
- Advanced multimedia workshop: Produce your own multimedia presentation (next workshop in 2019). This workshop is a follow-up for individuals who have completed the Create audio and visual presentations workshop.
Hosting your own Introduction to Oral History workshop
If your organisation would like to host an oral history workshop please contact us.
The charges for us to come to your venue and run a workshop for up to 15 people are $420 for a half-day workshop (plus any travel costs), or $640 for a full-day workshop (plus any travel costs). There is usually an additional charge when the number of participants exceeds 15.
The full-day workshop will teach participants how to plan and record professional interviews. It introduces participants to the practice and methods of doing an oral history interview and provides hands-on training using high quality digital audio recorders.