Oral History Australia is a non-profit body whose members practice and promote oral history.
The aims of Oral History Australia SA/NT (OHA SA/NT) are:
- to promote the practice and methods of oral history
- to educate in the use of oral history methods
- to encourage discussions on all aspects of oral history
- to foster the preservation of oral history records in Australia
- to pursue common objectives and maintain links with other Australian oral history associations through membership of Oral History Australia Inc.
- to do all such things as may be incidental to the achievement of such aims
Oral History Australia South Australia/Northern Territory came to life just seven months after the national body was founded in Perth in July 1978. There are now associations in each state.
Please visit the national website for links to each of the state associations.
The OHA SA/NT Constitution was approved at the AGM on 14 August 2014.